The Statewide Independent Living Council, known simply as the SILC is a federally mandated, Governor appointed council where a majority of our members are individuals with disabilities.
Our SILC is required to:
- Develop, monitor and review a state plan, in conjunction with our State Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), that addresses the independent needs in our state;
- Develop and support a statewide network of Independent Living Centers, called CILs;
- Submit periodic reports to OVR, as well as coordinates activities with the State Rehabilitation Council; and
- Ensure that all regularly scheduled meetings of the SILC are open to the public and provide reasonable accommodations when requested within a one week notice.
State Plan for Independent Living
Our three year State Plan for Independent Living (SPIL) is designed in partnership with the Kentucky Office of Vocational Rehabilitation; and has overarching Goals to:
- Increase awareness of Independent Living Services to stakeholders;
- Increase the effectiveness of the SILC;
- Increase access to Independent Living services for Kentuckians with Disabilities; and
- Increase advocacy activities through education of stakeholders in order to increase access and integration.
2014 - 2016 State Plan for Independent Living
SPIL Approval Letter
874K Gubernatorial Candidates' Issues Forum and Advocacy Event
874K Event Flyer
Educate Policymakers about the �874,000 Returns on Investments�!
Advocate, Share Stories & Enjoy!
- Thursday, February 5, 2015
- Frankfort Convention Center (doors open at 10:00am)
- 10:30am to 1:00pm
- Lunch will be provided